Log in

No account? Create an account
Vasaris, the Fuzzy Dragon
.:: ..::. .::..:...... .::
March 2014
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Vasaris, the Fuzzy Dragon [userpic]
141.5 CFR 19

Evidence of Right to Make Entry

(a) Except where merchandise is released directly to the carrier in accordance with paragraph (b)* of this section one of the following types of evidence of the right to make entry shall be filed in connection with the ntry of merchandise imported by a common carrier:

1) A bill of lading or air waybill
2) An extract from a bill of lading or air waybill, properly endorsed.
3) A carrier's certificate

*Wherein a carrier hands over the merchandise at the border and the person making entry picks it up. This does not, btw, absolve carriers of needing the following:

By definition a bill of lading/air waybill represents the contract to carry merchandise. If you are carrying stuff for other people for a living, they're sort of, oh, necessary.

Dear Carriers:

BY DEFINITION you MUST HAVE A BILL OF LADING, DUMBASSES. Otherwise you have absolutely no fenarking proof that you didn't just steal the stuff on your truck. Mind you, why you'd steal a tractor carrying 10 tons of toilet paper is anyone's guess, but still.

BY DEFINITION, your CLIENTS have to have the bill of lading to prove they have the RIGHT TO FARKING IMPORT whatever the unholy heck is on your truck and they've asked you to carry it for them.

Yes, you HAVE TO HAVE ONE. It represents both your right to have toilet paper aircraft parts random hazardous materials on your vehicle and the right to bring it accross the border. Do not try and tell me you don't have one. If you don't, you are STOOOOOOPID. JEBUS-JUMPIN-JACKRABBITS! Do not make excuses about why you don't have one, because there isn't one in the universe that would not cause Customs to LAUGH IN YOUR FACE. Not to metion turn your lazy butt around.